Designed by Charles Henman and William Harrison, Pennybank Chambers was built in 1880 by the National Penny Bank Corporation Limited. It provided a mixture of shops, artisans dwellings and a new banking branch.
Today, the building has undergone its latest transformation being completely rebuilt behind the retained façade. The Lower Ground and Ground floors provide a prominent corner showroom to continue the tradition of housing Clerkenwell’s artisans.
The upper office floors with typical floorplates of 1,900 sq ft provide fantastic natural light owing to the buildings exceptional combination of modern full height and original windows curved around the building.
The top floor features a wraparound terrace with exceptional views across London.
New steel frame structure with restored masonry
Exceptionally designed contemporary reception
High occupational density of 1:8 m²
Roof terrace on 6th floor and terrace on 1st floor
Exposed original brickwork and exposed steel beams
Newly refurbished timber sash windows
New Juliette balconies on upper floors
New high grade kitchens in situ on each floor
New bespoke designed WC’s on each floor
New underfloor AC system
BT Openreach high speed fibre line installed to each floor ready for immediate use
Generous floor-to-ceiling heights
New metal tiled raised floors
New plasterboard ceilings with energy efficient inset LED feature lighting
New 13 person passenger lift
New showers, cycle store and lockers with separate access from Clerkenwell Road
|Floor||USE||SQ FT||SQ M|
|Sixth (Roof Terrace)||Offices||1,349||125||Under Offer|
*The use class for the Ground and Lower Ground is currently for either offices or showroom, to be elected by the end user.